2-4 Chantry Street Goulburn, NSW 2580Sold
LEIGH HOUSE - Living History
Block Of Units Sold - Goulburn NSW
Have you ever wanted to own the best house in the street? Earn triple income from the one property? This stunning and rare piece of history rises head and shoulders above other offerings in Goulburn, with the four chimneys of the two-storey house visible across the city’s roofscape from a distance. Boasting one of the best examples of solid, rubble stonework in the Southern Tablelands, Leigh House is a stately, Victorian Gothic home built as a rectory in 1870 for local Reverend Richard Leigh. Distinguished in stature, the homestead offers dual occupancy and is the centrepiece of a 1200sqm parcel of park-like grounds which also houses historic, stone stables, now converted into a third dwelling. A lucrative investment opportunity or versatile home for a large and growing family.
Either way, this signature property – one of Goulburn’s finest – will intrigue and captivate you.
• Just eight owners in almost 150 years and lovingly preserved by all;
• Features three separate dwellings, with the two in the main building currently leased, with total rental income of $28,600 per annum plus potential for more from the stables;
• Ground floor: foyer, two large bedrooms, original marble fireplace, large lounge, two sunrooms, two bathrooms (one with tub), kitchen/dining with modern appliances and old, wood-burning stove plus study and laundry;
• Upstairs: separate, internal access, two bedrooms plus study or third bedroom, large living room, bathroom with tub, kitchen/dining and views over the garden;
• Original features include beautiful, local stone, ornate cornices, gables with decorative bargeboards, original cedar and period skirting;
• Stables: Kitchen/living downstairs and cosy, loft-style bedroom with bathroom upstairs;
• All sympathetically renovated over last two years, offering fresh ambience;
• Solidly built home made to last – warm in winter and cool in summer;
• Gas heating downstairs and in stables, reverse-cycle air-conditioner upstairs;
• Dwellings nestled amongst easy-care garden with mature weeping willows and pines, and shrubbery that flowers in summer;
• Four car parking spaces;
• Fronting a quiet, cul-de-sac street in a historic corner of Goulburn;
• Close to the city centre and minutes from motorway to Canberra or Sydney;
Rich in rustic character and heritage value, Leigh House offers a compelling fusion of period charm and modern comfort, standing witness to a past era. The options are endless – enjoy rental income from all three dwellings, live in one and lease the others or occupy them all, giving your expanded family space to grow. The existing owner of this exceptional property will pass to the purchaser original sale documents of the property dating back to 1863. Be part of history and become the proud new owner of this landmark asset.
- Block Of Units
- 5 bed
- 4 bath
- Land is 1201 m²